Sunday, November 9, 2014

Sunday Sunday

Here I go again updating my blog on a Sunday night….grrr!!!  All week I had the mindset that I was going to have my homework completed before the weekend so I could spend some time with my husband, but obviously that did not happen!!   Like I’ve said before I thought I was pretty familiar with technology and social media until this week!  This is what I felt like majority of the week!

The assignment that brought me so much confusion and frustration was to join a Professional Learning Network, sounds easy but let me tell you it was anything but easy! Edmodo is similar to Facebook, I wish I found these two comparable because it took me until today to understand the basics.  After several emails back and forth with my professor and several calls to my teacher friends asking them for help,  I went back and reread the directions and then it finally made sense to me!  I had to be verified by Edmodo  that I was a teacher and that took several day!
 Once I was a verified I could do anything!  I could join groups, joining a public group was easy.  Joining a group created by teachers was a little more challenging until I found this list!  I was surprised when requesting to join a teacher created group it took a while for them to accept the request.  I sent some requests a couple days ago and I'm still waiting to be accepted.  Of the teacher created groups that I've been accepted to so far they've been a great resources, definitely things I will use in the classroom!  Once I learned how to join groups; somehow I managed to create my own group, which was easier to do than joining groups! This video made it so easy to make a group, it was probably the easiest part of the assignment for me.

Now that I have some basic understanding of Edmodo, I can see why teachers love it!  There is so much information and resources for teachers and students.  I like the fact that Edmodo can be used to interact with students and with other teachers.  The more I learn about the different PLNs for teachers the more I'm blown away on how much information teachers have available to them as long as they are informed on it!

Stay organized!

No comments:

Post a Comment